The Importance of Streamlined Processes for Medical Facilities
Streamlined processes are essential for medical facilities in terms of prioritizing patient care, and factors associated with following essential, strict time frames and budget.
Although most of us are aware of the importance of time and its impact on budget, you may be surprised to learn just how much room for improvement there is when it comes to improving efficiencies concerning supply chain management in the healthcare industry.
Supply chain processes may include the purchase and shipping of medical equipment, movement of medical equipment, set up of facilities, medical relocation, relocation of staff and more.
Research from Navigant
Consulting firm Navigant recently released new research into the cost savings potential of hospitals across the country, particularly concerning their supply chains.
Navigant found that hospitals could safely reduce their supply expenses by an average of 17.7%, or $11 million annually per hospital.
Two particularly important takeaways from this research include the following:
- Lower supply spending isn’t negatively impacting quality at facilities with more efficient supply spending.
- Equal savings opportunities exist across multiple hospital characteristics, including size, location, and for-profit or not-for-profit status.
Healthcare Facilities Logistics
Carefully chosen healthcare facilities logistics services can make great strides towards improving efficiencies and cost savings. A reputable logistics company experienced in the healthcare industry can assist with the following and more:
- Project management services
- Transportation of medical equipment
- Medical equipment shipping
- Medical equipment installation
- Medical relocation
- Laboratory relocation
- Warehousing services
- Inventory management services
Transportation Management for Healthcare Facilities
A 3PL provider that also provides transportation management services for hospitals and other healthcare facilities will also be able to assist with the efficient movement of equipment and items.
- In the event of a hospital of medical facility relocation, transportation management services will ensure every item is safely and efficiently relocated.
- Transportation management services include trade show display logistics.
- Uncrating and debris removal from a knowledgeable team can safely clear up your space.
- On-day, on-time pickup or delivery means your staff and patients have what they need when they need it.
More 3PL Services to Consider
- Choose Inside Delivery to ensure all items are delivered on site to where they will be set up.
- Choose Special Handling for medical equipment set up and rooms ready to use.
- Choose Asset Recovery Services to safely dispose of old equipment and sensitive documentation.
What to Look for in a 3PL Provider for Medical Facilities
- Choose a third party logistics provider with experience in the healthcare industry.
- Choose a provider that prioritizes safety.
- Choose a team that will offer a coordinated effort.
Contact Beltmann Logistics Today
Looking for medical movers, or have questions about how best to streamline processes for your medical facility? Contact Beltmann Integrated Logistics today!